October 19, 2009
Want to learn more about blogging, become a better blogger, and enhance your presence in the blogosphere? Go to the pro, ProBlogger.net.
ProBlogger.net is a website and blog created by b5Media VP and professional blogger Darren Rowse. Darren started ProBlogger.net in September 2004 primarily as a way to keep a track of all the information he was gathering about blogging for money. Today, the site has evolved into the go to resource where "bloggers learn the skills of blogging, share their own experiences and promote the blogging medium."
In 2005, Rowse created the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge. The collection of posts is full of insightful tips, creative suggestions, and easily implemented ideas. It is an essential read for both blogging newbies and experienced bloggers.
At ProBlogger.net you'll also find informative posts focused on making money with your blog through affiliate marketing, including 10 Tips for Using Affiliate Programs on Your Blog, 5 Lessons on Making Money with Affiliate Programs, and 6 More Tips for Affiliate Marketing on Blogs.
In early October 2009, Rowse launched ProBlogger.com to serve as a private, online community where bloggers can share ideas, network, and learn from each other. The introductory cost for membership is very reasonable—only $1.95 per month. You'll also receive 50% off 31DBBB Workbook as a bonus for joining the new community.
September 26, 2009
Build your own links to any page on the Llewellyn website by following these steps after you log in to your Google Affiliate Network account.
To create one link at a time with the Build Your Own Link (BYOL) feature:
- In your Google Affiliate Network account, click the Links tab, then click By Advertiser.
- Locate the appropriate advertiser. In the 'Action' drop-down menu, click Build Your Own Link, then click Go.
- Specify the appropriate link details in the fields, then click Build Link.
You can use Llewellyn book covers to create banners for these links by downloading the image for the cover or by referencing URL for the image source on our website.
We have several image sizes available. Use the links below to reference the appropriate image size by placing the product’s EAN number at the end of the URL.
60 px wide: http://www.llewellyn.com/_theme/product_images/60/[EAN].jpg
80 px wide: http://www.llewellyn.com/_theme/product_images/80/[EAN].jpg
100 px wide: http://www.llewellyn.com/_theme/product_images/100/[EAN].jpg
200 px wide: http://www.llewellyn.com/_theme/product_images/200/[EAN].jpg
All URLs to the landing pages for Llewellyn products use the following structure:
Note: EAN numbers can be found on the product detail page. Click here to see how to find this information.
Want to save time? Use the Upload Your Links feature to create up to 2000 links.
To create links in bulk with the Upload Your Links feature:
- In your Google Affiliate Network account, click the Links tab, then click By Advertiser.
- Locate the appropriate advertiser. In the 'Action' drop-down menu, select Upload Your Own Links, then click Go.
- In the 'Upload Action' drop-down menu, select Create BYOL.
- Enter a confirmation email if needed.
- Create and save a properly-formatted bulk upload file (MSExcel spreadsheet) on your computer.*
- Click Browse to locate your file.
- Click Upload.
* Formatting tips:
- If you need help with file formatting, click here to view a sample of a bulk upload file created using Llewellyn product information.
- If you're creating links, leave the LID (link id) blank.
- If you're deleting or updating BYOLs, you must provide the LIDs, which you can view or download on the 'Available Link Templates' page in your account.
- You can update a maximum of 2000 links in your file.
Confirmation email and files:
- After you complete the upload process, Google Affiliate Network will email you a file with the link ID and Link HTML fields populated.
- If your upload processed correctly, you'll receive a file named Success. In the file, the 'Reserved' field is blank, and the 'Return message' field will display the word Success.
- If some links weren't processed, you'll receive a 'Success' file and a second file named Failure. In the file, the 'Return message' field will display error messages.
- If no links were processed, you'll receive a 'Failure' file.
September 25, 2009
Llewellyn is excited to announce our new affiliate program is now live on the Google Affiliate Network!
Join our affiliate program and earn 8% commission on all products from the world's oldest and largest New Age publisher!
For more than a century, Llewellyn has been at the forefront of holistic and metaphysical publishing and thought. We’ve been a source of illumination, instruction, and new perspectives on a wealth of topics, including astrology, tarot, wellness, earth-based spirituality, magic, and the paranormal.
The world’s oldest and largest independent publisher of books for body, mind, and spirit, Llewellyn is dedicated to bringing our readers the very best in metaphysical books and resources.
We’ve spent the last two years redesigning our website to make it friendlier, easier to use, and include more information about our books, authors, and our topics.
Now you can take reap the rewards of our effort by joining our new affiliate program on the Google Affiliate Network.
Benefits of joining our affiliate program include:
- 8 % commission on all products
- 30 day credit for customer referrals
- exclusive coupons and special offers
- up to 12% commission for top performing affiliates
Click here to join our program if you are an approved publisher with the Google Affiliate Network.
Click here to apply if you aren't currently a member of the Google Affiliate Network.
After you've joined, be sure to opt-in to our monthly affiliate newsletter for up-to-date information on new releases, best-selling titles, upcoming promotions, new links and exclusive program offers.
We will be adding more banners and text links in the next few weeks. We are working on a data feed for the program and hope to have it available soon.
In the meantime, we have empowered our affiliate partners by enabling the BYOL feature (build your own links) so you’ll be able to link to the landing page of your choice.
September 10, 2009
If you've visited Llewellyn.com recently, you may have noticed we've made more than a few enhancements to our website.
A few of the things that we've added:
- "Browse Inside" features that allow customers to preview our books before they purchase
- More content, including Llewellyn Journal articles, recipes, tidbits, advice, how-tos, and more
- Two new monthly newsletters, the Wellness Update and the Magic Update, in addition to must-read favorites like the Witchy Update and the Llewellyn e-Magazine
- New blogs, each dedicated to our core topics like Magick, Paganism, Astrology, Tarot, Body and Soul, and the Paranormal
- An improved shopping process, with enhanced search functionality and a streamlined shopping cart
Along with these changes, we are currently in the process of upgrading our affiliate program.
Llewellyn is excited to be working with the Google Affiliate Network to offer a new and improved affiliate program that will include the following features:
- State-of-the-art reporting capabilities
- Full access to update and change account information
- Additional income earning opportunities through an enhanced multi-tiered commission structure and 30–day credit for customer referrals
- Increased options for linking to our website with an expanded selection of text, banner, and other promotional creatives
- Exclusive coupons to offer site visitors
As part of this transition, all current Llewellyn program partners will need to reapply for Llewellyn's new affiliate program through the Google Affiliate Network. Once approved, partners will need to update all affiliate links to Llewellyn.com from their website.
Existing Llewellyn Online Affiliate Program members will no longer be able to access their account information through the previous program interface. As of September 8, 2009, we will no longer be able to track any activity generated by affiliate links created through these accounts.
Payments are currently being processed for any and all unpaid commissions earned through Llewellyn's affiliate program prior to September 8, 2009. Checks for these earnings should be received no later than October 1, 2009.
Any questions regarding outstanding account balances, payment status, and previous program activity can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are working hard to have the new Llewellyn Affiliate Program up and running as quickly as possible. We will send an invitation to apply for the new program to all of Llewellyn's previous affiliate partners as soon as our application on the Google Affiliate Network is available.
In the meantime, you can browse through our list of frequently asked questions, read our affiliate program blog, follow our program on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/LlewellynAP), or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused while the program is in transition. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding while these changes are being made.